Here, speakers will see two channels :
- Everyone: This is a channel for chatting with everyone in the meeting.
- Speakers: This is a private channel for speakers only.
Audience members will not have access to the Speaker's channel.
- You access a channel by clicking on it.
- Messages are sent by typing into the text box and pressing the enter key.
Both speakers and audience members can do a lot in conversations – like react to messages with emojis or format text in different styles.
- Speakers can also clear chat history and both Speakers and the Audience can export chat history.
Direct replying to a message
In Samba Live you reply directly to a message in the general chat.
- Click on the ellipsis next to a message in chat,
- Then click on Direct reply, which will show in the chat field below.
- From there, type your response,
- And the response will show in-line in the chat.
To privately chat with Audience members, you will need to Enable private chat in the settings options. See below.*
Once activated, you will see the user under Speakers in the Conversations panel, and you can simply click on their name to chat directly with them.
Editing your Chat Messages
To edit your messages during your Mykademy Live session:
- Click on the ellipsis next to a message in chat.
- Click edit, type in or revise your message,
- Then click “Save changes” – your edited message will then appear in the chat.