How to Use the Category Manager
Before creating a course, you must create an outline for categorizing the course. This outline is called Course Category (or simply, category) and can be created using the Category Manager tool in the system.
The Category Manager screen is divided into the following 3 panels:
- Course Category in the left panel
- Question Subjects in the middle panel
- Question Topics in the right panel.
- Question Subjects and Questions Topics are used to classify the test questions in a course. You can have multiple “Subjects” in a category and each subject can further be divided into multiple “Topics”.
How to Add a New Course Category
- Click on Add category. Enter the desired category name and save it.
How to Add a Subject
- In the middle panel of the Category Manager screen, click ADD SUBJECT. The ADD SUBJECTS window pops up.
- Type the subject name(s) for your course category.
Note: You can add multiple subjects by separating each subject using a comma or by typing each subject name in a separate line.
- Click SAVE. Your new subject name appears in the middle Question Subjects panel.
How to Add a Topic
- In the right panel of the Category Manager screen, click ADD TOPIC. The ADD TOPICS window pops up.
- Type the topic name(s) for your subject.
Note: You can add multiple topic names by separating each topic using a comma or by typing each topic name in a separate line.
- Click SAVE. Your new topic name appears in the right Question Topics panel.